How To Use Abeg App
Abeg is simply a unique social payments app that allows its users to request, send, and receive money via the peer-2-peer money transfer method. The word Abeg has its origins in pidgin, the literal meaning of ‘Abeg’ in Nigeria is Please.
The FinTech company Abeg Technologies founded this extremely useful mobile application in 2019. The main co-founders were Muheez Akanni, Dare Adekoya, and Michael Okoh. Since Abeg had decided to co-sponsor BBNaija 2021 (which was won by WhiteMoney), the mobile app has been getting extra buzz on social media.
How to Register on Abeg App
Abeg App is available on both Android PlayStore and iOS Apple Stores. The ultimate first step is to go to your Apple store or your play store to download the Abeg Application.
Once the download is complete, just follow these steps below:
- Choose Create an Account
- Enter the requested details: full name, phone number, email address, and choose a password
- An OTP will be sent to your phone immediately
- Type in the OTP and click Submit
You will be taken to the homepage where you can attach your BVN to the newly-created wallet and also set your Abeg Tag.
How to Use Abeg App Tp Send Money
- From the homepage, tap Send
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Enter the Abeg Tag of the beneficiary of the money, or scan through your Abeg contacts list for your beneficiary
- Type the description for the money sent
- Click Pay
- On the next page, you will be asked if you are sure about the transfer, click Yes I’m Sure
How to Request and Receive Money on Abeg App
- Tap Request
- Enter the amount of money you are requesting
- Type in the Abeg Tag of the person you that you’re requesting the money from
- Click Request
Once you do this, the other user will immediately receive a notification and will be asked to accept the request or decline it.
How to Withdraw your Money from Abeg
You can also remove your money from the Abeg Wallet and place it in your normal bank account. It is a simple process. Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to withdraw/cash out your money from Abeg into your bank account:
- Go to Your Profile page
- Choose Wallet Balance
- Select Withdraw
- Select which account number you wish to move the funds to
Withdrawing money from your Abeg account attracts a service charge of N10 (ten naira). Also note that if you’ve yet to link any bank account, the system will prompt you to add a bank account.
How to Top-Up/Fund your Abeg Wallet
To put money into your Abeg account, you don’t need to memorize the account number at all. Here are the steps to fund your Abeg account:
- Go to Your Profile
- Select Fund Wallet
- Your unique Abeg bank account will pop up.
- Copy that number and take it to your bank app and make a transfer to it.
How do I contact Abeg customer care?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my PIN on Abeg?
How do I update my personal details on Abeg?
To update details like phone numbers, names, emails, and passwords on Abeg, send a mail to Abeg at [email protected] or Tweet at them for a quick resolution.
What is the maximum amount of money that can be requested on Abeg?
N1,000,000 (one million naira).
What is the minimum amount of money that can be requested on Abeg?
N1,000 (one thousand naira)
How can I get OTP if I have changed the number on BVN?
Send a picture of your NIN to [email protected] or Tweet at them for a quick resolution.
How do I become verified?
To get verified on Abeg, you’ll need to have done giveaways of at least N250,000.